Tuesday 19 April 2011

My Mister's Gorgeous Sister!!

A couple of weeks ago my partners sister came up to stay, and we thought we'd have a play with makeup. I'd just got the NYX Glitter palette from the lovely Kate, and I was itching to give it a try!! Hoz is amazing at makeup, so the pressure was really on!! This is what I came up with...










I was so excited to get the NYX Glitter palette!! It appeals to all my Magpie qualities. I was totally mesmerised when I swatched all the glitters...I couldn't wait to start!! But never has anything been more disappointing. No matter what techniques I used I couldn't get the same effect on the eye as I got on my fingers :( I tried them straight on skin, over shadows, with a brush, with my fingers...the list goes on!! No matter what I couldn't get them to work. I will find a way though cos I LOVE the colours and the way it swatches and want to be able to get this effect on eyes!! Have any of you tried this palette? Please let me know if you've found a way to make it work. I want to be a glittery disco ball!!

Hope y'all like the look!

Speak soon xx

4 comments:

  1. Great eyemakeup, love your use of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really beautiful! That stinks about the NYX glitter palette. If anyone can get it to work, you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Charlotte Sparkle :D
    Thanks Starryskies!! I couldn't believe it when I started putting it on!! The way it swatched on my fingers I thought it was going to be amazing, but it really wasn't!! I think I might do a post on it. I need to find a way to make it work though cos if I can it will be gorgeous haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is ahmazing... shame to hear about the palette coz the colours look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts