Sunday 22 August 2010

Cherry Culture had a sale...

And I went a bit mad!! Usually I Ooooo and Arhhh over eyeshadows and pigments, but lately I'm obsessed with lipstick and gloss. So imagine my delight when I went on CC and they had a sale on NYX lipsticks and glosses XD I like NYX cos its purse friendly and great for bulking out your colour collection between the more pricier products like Mac, Illamasqua and Nars etc. For the most part the products are really pigmented and apply well!! Anyways I ended up buying 19 lipsticks, 13 glosses and 1 eyeshadow!!! Got a bit carried away :S I'm going to attempt to swatch and review them all, but Im gonna do it in installments as its too much to do in one go!! So heres the first lot for you to look at...















I wasn't dissapointed with any of the colours or their payoff. The lipsticks have a really creamy consistency, in fact so creamy I was convinced they would wear off in minutes...not so!! I've been wearing Gem for over 2 hours now and its still going strong...not bad for just over a quid!! The only one that wasn't quite as creamy was Narcissus. It had a drier consistency than the rest and I had to work a little harder to get full colour payoff but after a few swipes I was good to go, and I love the colour!! All the lipsticks have a faint flowery scent which isn't unpleasant, however Rose Bud had a very strong scent somewhat like flowery discinfectant!! I didn't like this!! All in all though I'm really pleased with the colours and the quality. The only problem I have now is picking which one to wear :D I'll be back soon with some more swatches. Hope you like xx

2 comments:

  1. Really like the Rose Bud, bit put off by the smell?!! They brill for the price hon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be put off Shaz, it only lasts a couple of seconds xx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts