Friday 11 February 2011

Seeing spots...

Hey everyone!! Hope your all well. I was going to do a makeup look today, but my eyes are really sore and I don't want to mess around with them so I guess I'll just have to show you my mani instead. I think I've said before that I'm a massive fan of Nails Inc polishes. I know they're a little pricey, but they have an amazing consitency and a good range of colours so they tend to be my go to polishes. Sadly they don't do a pure opaque white though and a lot of the mani's I've wanted to do lately need one, so I decided to try NYX. I think NYX products are really good value for money, the shadows and blushers and lip products I've tried have good colour pay off and an excellent price point, so I though I'd give the polishes a go...sadly I'm not impressed!! Admittedly I haven't tried all of the polishes that I bought yet, but the couple I have tried aren't winning me over. I got a couple of creams, some pearls and some jellies with glitter in. The two I've tested so far are both creams, one is a mid blue colour and the other is the white. Neither apply evenly and both colours took four coats (I could have kept going to be honest) to get anything near to an even opaque finish. Also, In terms of wear, I found that because I had so many layers of colour on my nail the slightest chip actually meant the whole nail peeled of in one sheet!! Sorry NYX, I love your other products but it's going to take something special to win me over on the polish front. Nails Inc pleeeeaaasssse bring out an opaque white!!

Anyway here's the mani...






For this look I used Nails Inc Kensington Caviar base coat with NYX white for the background. The dots were done with a dotting tool using Nails Inc Haymarket (duckegg blue) Dover Street (lilac) Drury Lane (coral) Brompton Place (pink) and Carnaby Street (yellow). This was all followed with a top coat of Seche Vite.

Have any of you guys tried NYX polishes? How have you found them? Do I need to give them another go?

Anyhoo, hope you like it :D Speak soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts